Sunday 4 May 2014

Review | Revlon Matte Balms





L-R: Unapologetic, Audacious



The Revlon ColorBurst matte balms and lacquer balms have been on the shelves for a couple of months now, so yes I know, I'm a little late on the band wagon but to be fair every time I went looking for them all of the shades were completely sold out! So it was happy days when I finally got my hands on these two gorgeous matte shades in 'Audacious' and 'Unapologetic'. I didn't really bother with the lacquer balms because I not a big fan of glossy lips so I thought I would just give them a miss.

If you don't know what they are ( firstly have you been living under a rock?) they are a the two new additions to the ColorBurst range, similar to the ever so popular Kissable  Balm Stains. The matte balms have the same creamy formula, yet has a matte finish and is much more opaque then the Balm Stains. They also have the same minty scent and a slight tingling feeling when first applied to the lips. The packaging resembles a crayon stick with a tapered nib, which allows for precise application and also has a retractable bottom that screws up more product when needed. 

Overall these matte balms are absolute winners for me, the colour pay off is excellent and are pretty true to colour however 'Unapologetic' is a true bright pink yet looks it would be slightly more coral on the packaging. The longevity is also really good lasting about 4 hours before it begins to fade. I also love the fact that it doesn't sit the cracks of my lips, and being a matte finish, I would say that's pretty damn good! Although the formula of these balms aren't as matte as some of my other matte lipsticks, it stays smooth and velvety on the lip for a lot longer and doesn't dry them out either. I would highly recommend this lip product if your a matte lip lover like me, as I think they are the perfect addition to every lipstick collection and they come in nine different shades so I'm sure there will be at least one to suit everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment