Tuesday 11 February 2014

Review | Revlon by Marchesa 3D Jewel Appliqués




I've had these nail wraps sitting on my shelf for a while now, and after purchasing my first OPI nail polish in the delightfully amusing shade 'Did you ear about Van Gough?' it inspired me to use them together as the combination looked too good to not try out! Now, I'm not usually one to get fancy with my nail art or use nail wraps for that matter, as I find them way too fiddly and generally look a bit tacky anyway. However these are seriously fool proof, they actually look nice and are surprisingly easy to apply.

The Revlon by Marchesa 3D Jewel Appliqués come in a variety of 6 designs and are designed by fashion house Marchesa, all with gorgeous and intricate patterns perfect for special occasions or if you feel like being extra fancy. The wraps that I used  are in the design 'beaded couture', inspired by pearl and metallic beading. the beigey nude base colour I used showcases the the detail of the nail wrap beautifully while still remaining subtle and elegant. And I now know why everyone raves on about OPI so much, the polish applied so easily and stayed really shiny...too bad they are so expensive in Australia, costing around $20!! don't get me wrong they're  nice but unless I see some on sale I think ill just stick to Rimmel polishes that cost half the price.

Due to the base of the nail wrap being transparent and soft they were easy to apply and meshed really well with the colour underneath. I also really like the variety of sizes of the 18 nail wraps you are given, making it so much easier to pick one the will fit your nail. Once the wrap was stuck on I trimmed the excess and filed it back. Finally I finished off the manicure by applying a clear top coat to ensure that nail wrap stays on as long as possible and to stop it from peeling off too soon.

I can honestly say that i am very impressed with these nail wraps, so big props to Marchesa for creating such unique designs and Revlon for knowing how to make such high quality nail wraps. So far I have worn the wraps for about 3 or 4 days and i they are starting to come away at the tips of the nails, which is a shame but for nail wraps what can you expect? they cost $15 each which is pretty steep but hey, they are pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment