Wednesday 5 March 2014

Life Update No.1 | Trip to NZ


I know this post isn't necessarily beauty or fashion related, but I have decided to introduce some life updates to my blog  from time to time. I probably wont do too many posts like this, so don't worry if your not really interested in this type of thing, I will only  post one when I do something worth sharing or something big has happened in my life that I want to tell you guys about. 
Anyway  at the beginning of this year my family and I went on a road trip around New Zealand for two weeks! It was absolutely STUNNING and I highly recommend that everyone go at least once in their life. I must say I was pretty excited about going and heard that it was nice there, but it totally blew me away with its diverse and beautiful scenery. 

Here are just a few snaps I took while over there...

(Top row) A beautiful little garden area in Auckland CBD (how pretty are those fairy lights?!) |  Geyser erupting at Rotorua | Maori totem pole at Te Puia, Rotorua 
(Bottom row) Cute little Hobbit hole at Hobbiton | Me reppin' my NZ beanie, sipping a coffee on a cruise through Milford Sound | Standing on a glass window, looking down at the train station below! Felt soo weird! 

(Top row) Fox Glacier | Beautiful view in  Queenstown | Ship container shopping centre in Christchurch (Bottom row) Garden show in Christchurch | Our boat pulling up in Milford Sound | Icy cold lake at Queenstown 


Of course I couldn't take a holiday over to New Zealand and not turn into a complete tourist, buying the oh so kiwi beauty products! In New Zealand they seemed to be very big on manuka honey. It claimed to be good for your health and you could buy it with various UMF levels, which I still have no idea what that means or why its so good, but it sure does sound impressive! It is used in soo many products such as soaps, lip balms, scrubs, lotions and fragrances. I thought I would try out the manuka honey body lotion mainly because I forgot to bring moisturiser with me and my legs were lookin pretty scaly! The lotion has a very sweet honey fragrance that is very distinctive of the manuka honey scent. It's quite nice but its really strong and heavy which I don't particularly like as I prefer lighter and fresher scents for my lotions and moisturisers. The lotion itself is nothing too special but it gets the job done.
Rotorua is famous for its natural hot springs, mud pools and for the whiffy sulphuric gasses that rise up from the ground in patches of steam!  What's really cool is that you can use the Rotoura mud for cosmetic purposes. So naturally I took full advantage of this and bought some Rotorua mud with kiwi fruit (what else?) which makes for an excellent cleansing mask! I have used this a few times and apply a thin layer after I wash my face, leave it on for about 15 mins or until its completely dry then rise. After, my face feels so clean and smooth! 
I also bought a soap that has both the thermal mud and volcanic sulphur as I thought it would be the perfect reminder of Rotorua. It lathers up really well and very quickly which is good, and as far as it goes as a soap it does a good job at cleansing the skin and leaving that clean feeling. Unfortunately the smell is the big down fall of this soap. I don't really know what I was expecting, but it's a pretty unpleasant 'soapy' smell! However it doesn't leave much of a scent on the skin (thank god!), so I'll let that one slide because the novelty of it is just too cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment